Saturday, July 31, 2021

 Reflection 1 

The experience of detecting pronunciation errors in Spanish speakers and designing exercises for error correction was completely a challenge. The research left positive points in my own learning process, read about how different aspects are involved in this important performance was a reminder to keep paying attention in order to correct myself in the present and in a near future. As to designing the exercises, I found myself having doubts if the exercise will really work in others as work in me, that was my only difficulty in this part of the project. It is interesting and a true compromise to inform in an educational way. While I was observing, I realize that the common errors regarding English pronunciation are for the interference of the native language, which definitely is something that I had experienced before. 

I enjoyed the project, I read sources that helped me a lot. I agree with this kind of project because is a tool that we can use as material for our own learning process. The learned can mark a starting point from which we can all benefit. Knowing how to identify errors is essential for students and teachers. I plan to use this event to be more aware of every single detail to improve as a student, in my future as a teacher, I hope to be in a good position to help and be an instrument.

 Reflection 2 

Undoubtedly, there are many errors that Spanish speakers make when learning to speak English, especially in pronunciation, since we always associate the sounds of English with those of our language. Researching on the pronunciation errors we make, I have realized that it is quite necessary to learn how to pronounce correctly before anything else. Designing the exercises has been a bit difficult since I do not have much experience practicing pronunciation, but in part, I have also learned new learning techniques and what I would like to start doing to improve my own pronunciation.

I liked working on this project because as I mentioned before, I didn't have much idea of how to practice my English pronunciation, but doing the research and seeing the finished work has helped me a lot. During the investigation of the errors, I learned many things, there are many small errors that sometimes we do not even identify but that are still errors and that can affect the way we want to communicate something. As a future English teacher, I would like to prioritize and implement various techniques so that my students learn to pronounce well and do many vocalization exercises so that their mouths also get used to the sounds of English.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cindy Yamileth Castro 20171030627  Reina Paola Barrientos 20171030327